Home News Press Releases SCE Wins Quality Pavement Award

SCE Wins Quality Pavement Award

Print

Akron, Ohio– The Summit County Engineer’s Riverview Road Resurfacing Project Phases 2 and 3 received a 2014 Quality Asphalt Paving Award from Flexible Pavements of Ohio. The award is given out to recognize excellence in asphalt construction. Only thirteen local road or street projects constructed in 2014 were chosen to receive this award throughout the state of Ohio.

“Our office has been committed to improving pavement conditions throughout Summit County so this award is quite an honor,” said Alan Brubaker, Summit County Engineer. “I am pleased that our Construction Section and the contractor, The Shelly Company, are being recognized for all of their hard work.”

The Riverview Road Resurfacing Project Phases 2 and 3 improved Riverview Road from the Village of Peninsula corporate line to the Cuyahoga County corporate line. Improvements included road base repairs, resurfacing, and the widening and paving of road shoulders.

The Shelly Company was the contractor on the Riverview Road Resurfacing Project. The total cost for both phases was $1.3 million. The Summit County Engineer’s office applied for and obtained federal Surface Transportation Program grants to fund 80% of the cost of the improvement. The remaining 20% was paid for using local funds.

Flexible Pavements of Ohio is an association for the development, improvement, and advancement of quality asphalt pavement construction. They will hold a luncheon on March 3rd to present the awards to the recipients.