The Summit County Engineer’s Office (SCE) will be heading up a Regional Pavement Maintenance Program for 2017.
We would like to invite you to a meeting to discuss this regional approach to pavement maintenance. The meeting will be at 9:30 AM, Wednesday, December 7, 2016, at our Main Office (Maintenance Garage).
We are inviting all those responsible for maintaining public roads (cities, villages, townships, park systems) in Summit County to join us. We will be administering a program of common pavement maintenance activities. We will combine the proposed work of participating entities into a single contract that this office will then advertise and manage. Our goal is to use economy of scale and standardized specifications to increase the cost effectiveness of the funds we all spend maintaining our roads.
Projects for 2017:
- Hot Mix Paving for the north half of the County
- Hot Mix Paving for the south half of the County
- Seal Coat and Motor Paving
- Asphalt Rejuvenation
- Spot Paving
- Pavement Marking
- Asphalt Crack Sealing
- Concrete Road Repair including Miscellaneous Concrete Work (Curb, Gutter, Sidewalks, Drive Approaches)
- Culvert Replacement
The tentative schedule for this program is as follows:
- 12/7/17 - Kick-off Meeting at SCE Office
- 2/3/17 - Legislation authorizing direct pay, participation in program, and availability of funds due to SCE
- 2/10/17 - Scope of work due to SCE
- 2/24/17 and 3/3/16 - Advertise
- 3/17/17 - Open bids
- 4/20/17 - Council Approval
- 4/24/16 to 4/28/16 - Process contracts and hold pre-construction meetings
- 5/8/16 - Start Work
Last year, we combined 34 individual projects from 14 political sub-divisions into 9 contracts that totaled over $4.7 million.